Thursday, August 10, 2017

Thai For Dinner!

Thai Curry Chicken with a Coconut-Peanut Sauce

I don't know about you guys but I don't generally consider myself to be an adventurous person.

I like to look around on Pinterest for new recipes and when this one came up, I was skeptical that I would like it.

However, it was actually DELICIOUS!!!!! I highly recommend you at least giving it a try if you are on the fence.

The sauce is creamy and delicious.

Ingredients:
Chicken:
1/4 Cup of Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
Zest of one lime
2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon of Curry Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Cardamom
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
3 Pounds of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Sauce:
1 Can of Coconut Milk (I used light and it tasted great)
1/4 Cup of Peanut Butter
1/3 Cup of Packed Brown Sugar
1-1/2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of red curry paste
3 Tablespoons of Fresh Lime Juice

Cooking Instructions:
1. Start by making the marinade. Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, lime zest, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, curry powder, salt, and cardamom into a large bowl.




2. Once you have created the marinade, place the chicken and the marinade into a large ziplock bag.
I let the chicken marinade over night.




3. After the chicken has marinaded, I started by searing the chicken off in a pan. Just to get some color.




4. Then I moved the chicken into the oven for about 7 minutes on 375 degrees.

5. While the chicken is cooking, start the sauce. Add the coconut milk first. Then whisk in the peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, and curry paste.

****NOTE: If you want a thicker sauce you can add some corn starch.




6. Take the chicken out of the oven. I let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it. Then drizzle the sauce over the top.



7. Bon appetite!!!

The taste is truly something different not to mention tasty.



****Recipe from Once Upon a Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment