Saturday, June 10, 2017

Almond Poppy Seed Muffins

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE Costco! These are Costco inspired muffins.

This weekend, my class hosted a 4.9k commUNITY rainbow run today to honor the 49 victims who lost their lives in the Pulse Nightclub tragedy. I made this muffins for everyone for breakfast the day of the race and they were SO delicious!




Ingredients:
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup of greek yogurt (can also use sour cream)
1 large egg
1-2 Tablespoons of almond extract
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1 Tablespoon of poppy seed

Cooking Instructions:
1. Start by melting the butter

2. Add all of the dry ingredients (baking powder, salt, flour, poppy seeds, and sugar) together into a bowl.

3. Start adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. I ended up using more than 1/2 cup of greek yogurt.  The last wet ingredient I added was the egg. It is best to not over mix the egg. I separated the egg white from the yolk and whipped the egg white individually still it is peaky.


4. Place cupcake liners in the cupcake tins and preheat oven to 375 degrees.



5. Cook the muffins for about 12-15 minutes.

6. Let cool and enjoy!!!






**** Recipe was inspired by Wonky wonderful blog

No comments:

Post a Comment